St. Teresa’s Outreach is a ministry at St. Joan of Arc, Powell, dedicated to helping those in need regardless of faith background, or life circumstances.
Do You Need Help? Please Contact Us
The programs and services provided by St. Teresa’s Outreach are the result of the time, talent and treasure of our parishioners and parish groups.
To find out more about how you can volunteer your time and talent, contact Angelita Salyers, 614.761.0905, ext. 315
To financially support our efforts, make an online donation through our secure giving page or place a check in the weekly offertory collection or mail to our office (10700 Liberty Road South, Powell, OH 43065). Please make checks payable to St Joan of Arc with “STO” on the memo line.
How We Serve
Parish Social Ministry: Provide support and resources for those that need assistance, food, social service, and spiritual support, if desired. This is on an as-needed basis. Each situation is unique and needs may or not be met depending on circumstances and resources available. If you need help please contact us at 614-761-0905 ext. 5 or StTeresasOutreach@stjoanofarcpowell.org.
Weekly food collections in the Narthex: Through the generous donations of our parishioners and partners we collect weekly donations of canned goods, dry goods, toiletries, diapers, and cleaning supplies.
Donations are used for our emergency walk-in assistance and the remaining is split between Help My Neighbor food pantry, St. Lawrence Haven, and JOIN. Food can be left in the food box in the narthex anytime the building is open or dropped off at the bell tower between 10:00 – 10:30 on Monday mornings. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Weekly Bread Runs: Fresh bread is picked up at local grocery stores and bakeshops throughout the week. Bread is delivered to a variety of pantries we support. We need more volunteers to help get bread from the stores/bakeshops to local pantries.
Monthly Sandwich Making: Prepare sandwiches at your home and bring them to the parish. A volunteer takes the prepared sandwiches down to the Cathedral, St. Lawrence Haven, and Holy Family Soup Kitchen for distribution to the homeless. Get the step-by-step instructions.
- Thanksgiving Food Box collection: Monetary donations are accepted for a delicious Thanksgiving meal through the Homes for Families Foundation.
- Giving Tree is a parish-wide collection of gifts for youth, adults, and seniors. This is a joint mission with People in Need (PIN), Christ Child, St. Vincent Family Services, and Help My Neighbor.
- Mother’s Day Box collection: We partner with the Women’s Club and Woman’s Auxiliary and collect gift cards, toiletries, pampering products, Kleenex, etc. to be distributed to mothers in need at St. Francis Center in MacArthur.
- Easter Food Box collection: Monetary donations are accepted for a delicious Easter meal through the Homes for Families Foundation
- Working with Catholic Social Services to provide an umbrella of systemic support.
- Special food collection during the Knights of Columbus Fish Fry. The food collected was delivered to St. Francis Center in MacArthur.
- Partnered with our Youth Faith Formation team and collected school supplies for St. Vincent Family Services, Help My Neighbor, JOIN, and St. Francis Center in MacArthu