There are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things–St. Teresa of Calcutta
St. Teresa’s Outreach is a ministry at St. Joan of Arc, Powell, dedicated to helping those in need regardless of faith background or life circumstances.
Do You Need Help? Please Contact Us
By phone: Phone: 614-761-0905 ext. 5
By email: StTeresasOutreach@stjoanofarcpowell.org
How We Serve
Parish Social Ministry: Provide support for those needing assistance, food, shelter, clothing, social service and spiritual support if desired. This is an as needed basis. Each situation is unique and needs may or not be met depending on circumstances and resources available. If you need help please contact us at 614-761-0905 ext 5 or StTeresasOutreach@stjoanofarcpowell.org.
Weekly food collections in the Narthex: Through the generous donations of our parishioners and partners we collect weekly donations of canned goods, dry goods, toiletries, and diapers. Donations are used for our emergency walk-in assistance and the remaining is split between Help My Neighbor food pantry, St. Lawrence Haven, and JOIN. Food can be left in the food box in the narthex anytime the building is open or dropped off at the bell tower between 10:00 – 10:30 on Monday mornings. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Weekly Bread Runs: Fresh bread is picked up at local grocery stores and bake shops throughout the week. Bread is delivered to a variety of pantries we support. We’re in need of more volunteers to help get bread from the stores/back shops to local pantries. Please click here for more information.
Monthly Sandwich Making: Prepare sandwiches at the parish. A volunteer takes the prepared sandwiches down to the Cathedral and St. Lawrence Haven for distribution to the homeless. Volunteer to serve this ministry.
Monthly Trail Mix Making: This is a “take home” opportunity to prepare individual packs of trail mix for the homeless. We supply the food and bags. You put the trail mix together and bring back for us to deliver. Volunteer to serve this ministry.
Fall/Winter Featured Activities
Thanksgiving Food Box Collection
Families take a box and fill it with all the fixings for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Filled boxes are returned and a team from Men’s Club takes the boxes to the Homeless Families Foundation.
A parish wide collection of gifts for youth, adults and seniors. This is a joint mission with People in Need (PIN).
- Thanksgiving Food Box collection. Families take a box and fill it with all the fixings for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Filled boxes are returned and a team from Men’s Club takes the boxes to the Homeless Families Foundation. (NEED TO REVISE ONCE WE KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING)
- Giving Tree is a parish wide collection of gifts for youth, adults and seniors. This is a joint mission with People in Need (PIN).—NEED TO FLESHOUT
- Mother’s Day Box collection. We partner with Women’s Club and Woman’s Auxiliary and collect gift cards, toiletries, pampering products, Kleenex, etc.—CAN HIDE UNTIL SPRING OR PUT LOWER
- Easter Food Box collection. Families take a box and fill it with all the fixings for a delicious Easter meal. Filled boxes are returned and a team from Men’s Club takes the boxes to the Homeless Families Foundation. (DITTO)
- Working with Catholic Social Services to provide an umbrella of systemic support.
- Special food collection during the Knights of Columbus Fish Fry. Food collected was delivered to Francis Center in MacArthur.
- Partnered with our Youth Faith Formation team and collected school supplies for St. Vincent Family Center.
Thank You For Your Support
The programs and services provided by St. Teresa’s Outreach are the result of the time, talent and treasure of our parishioners and parish groups. To find out more about how you can volunteer your time and talent, contact _________________________________. To financially support our efforts, make an online donation through our secure giving page or place a check in the weekly offertory collection or mail to our office (10700 Liberty Road South, Powell, OH 43065). Please make checks payable to St Joan of Arc with “STO” on the memo line.
Alyce Elbert, Randy and Judy Bournique: Giving Tree
Fred Hallemann: Help My Neighbor Food Pantry, Sandwich Making/Trail Mix
Karen Lazor, Ron Spiers: Bread Run
Deacon Jim Rouse: Treasurer
Angelita Salyers: Food collection, Parish Social Ministry
Jason Risser, Geoffrey and Leslie Bush: Special Projects
Rose Rouse: JOIN
Deacon Steve Petrill, Deacon Candidate Jim Elchert; Co-directors
To receive periodic updates and progress reports please go to: https://SJOAPowell.flocknote.com/StTeresasOut